05 June 2005

The Public Face Of The Democratic Party

In the interest of disclosure, I believe I'm registered as a Republican. At the very least, if memory serves, I voted in the Republican primary. To my understanding, this requires that I be registered as a Republican. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In any event, official or not, I'm probably best considered a Republican, as I tend to side more with the GOP than with the Dems, in terms of ideology and votes. In that light, I'm really glad that this guy isn't representing my party:

While discussing the hardship of working all day and then standing in line for eight hours to vote, Dean had said, "Well, Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."


Enh, who cares about substantive argument and debate, anyways - it's WAY more fun to just toss insults around! Nyah!

(Although... I guess if you want to get technical about it, couldn't you probably say that no politician, Repub or Dem, really makes an all-around "honest living?" :-P)


(Article from Boston.com)


No comments: