13 June 2006

Content Disclaimer, Etc.

I suppose perhaps I should've put something like this up awhile ago... dunno. Anyways, I'll just state a few things here just in case issues arise:

  1. All viewpoints, opinions, blatherations, angry retorts, etc. posted on this blog are the sole product of my (perhaps swamp-feverish) brain and no one else's, save where noted. Material posted here does not represent the views of any organization with which I might happen to be associated.

  2. Everything stated here is my position, my opinion, my belief, etc. If you don't like it, get your own blog and counterpost. I encourage comments (please, comment!), but reserve the right to halt discussion or delete comments that I find inappropriate or distasteful. Again, if you don't like it, get your own blog.

  3. I welcome comments from folks that disagree with me. If people do start leaving significant numbers of comments, the last thing I want is to only hear from people who agree with me. Healthy, reasoned debate can only increase knowledge and understanding, even if it doesn't end with all parties in agreement. Still, keep the previous point firmly in mind when commenting.

  4. I label myself as conservative, and I am a Christian. However, my views may or may not jive with your expectations of what those two labels mean. Also, I will be arguing from a certain set of assumptions—if something I say doesn't quite make sense, please ask for clarification, I won't mind. A common base of knowledge and assumptions is important in debating stuff.


A couple of points relating to matters of religion and faith:

  1. I don't consider myself a member of a specific denomination ("non-denominational", I call it) and therefore my views probably don't cleave to any particular doctrine. When (not if—it will happen) I post on matters of religion or faith, as above please ask for clarification on stances and assumptions so as to avoid misinterpretation.

  2. I have my views on things. You have yours. I'm not about to try to cram what I think down your throat. If you don't like what I say, please don't take it as me trying to tell all y'all what to do. Anything I say in this area will be my opinions on what I think it would be best for people to do. If you don't want to do it, or think it's best to do it a different way, post a comment saying why. Start discussion. Discussion good.


Also, generally speaking, I would really be pleased if this turned out to be a forum for discussion, even if it never really got beyond my circle of friends and acquaintances. I like hashing out issues, trying to think through things. I invite and welcome any and all readers to participate in discussion. Also, I'll do my best to post more than once a month, but... dunno how well that'll shake out. :-)

Finally, the title of the blog will continue to apply. Expect posts on a variety of random stuff, perhaps entertaining, perhaps interesting, perhaps neither. If nothing else, I'll be amused by it...

 

1 comment:

guile said...

keep 'em coming :)..